Saturday, April 10, 2010

5th 6 weeks

Wow. Only 1 more six weeks left. These six weeks was like no other. I only hope to do better than I am now. I would like a GPA of 95, but it’s hard for me to even get a 90! I worked pretty hard and I can’t stop now. I have one more year to raise it up before I get my rankings. Of course I want to graduate in the top 5% with High honors.

These six weeks felt the same as the others except I figured out that my work was going to need to be better. My family expects high of me, I mean my sister graduated with high honors and is at SMU for her first time and was is doing great. She is going for a double major and everyone is proud of her. I only hope I can beat her and get something better. My desire for knowledge is at its highest peak. But with many distractions, it just sits there and waits for me to notice it and use it. All my classes are the same except now I have more work and can’t slack off. A lot of people joke around and say that they have had senioritis since they were in pre-k. Not funny. I did a lot of typing, running, and talking these six weeks. I staring off with tests, and essays, and ending up with the same thing! A few of my classes have been more fun than ever, like in Chemistry. I now love to learn about Acids and Bases. Church hasn’t been a difference. I go on Sunday and after that go to the park or watch a movie. I have been interested in Mythology for a while, but I don’t want to get mixed with that a lot or else it might change my thoughts and beliefs. I like going to the library to sit on the isle floor and read about the Gods and Goddesses in Greek time. Lately we have been doing a lot of fish fries and eating a lot fatty foods which is delicious but not nutritious. We use to have a Mexican seafood restaurant but we sold it because we were tired and wanted to rest, I learned most of my cooking there. We use to make shrimp cocktails, tilapia, red snapper, seafood soups, paella which is a combination of seafood with rice and other great dishes. All of my family would come and take up the whole occupancy space to eat. We as in my mother, father, sister, and brother wouldn’t be able to eat because we were in the back slaving away! My dad is very picky about presentation, he wants everything right. If we got something wrong, he would get upset. But I didn’t care if he yelled at me. Most of the time we have the fish fries on Friday’s after school, and Sunday or Saturday we would make beef soup and rice. Very mexican, very traditional. But its fun to be with the family and I hope we do many more because its fun. I feel like I can do more next six weeks and hope it doesn’t end too bad! Doing this blog spot is fun; I wonder what my binder would look like if I did one.

No comments:

Post a Comment